Toyota Canada wins 15 awardsFeb 22nd, 2017
Toyota again wins more Canadian Black Book Retained Value Awards and ALG Residual Value Awards than any other auto manufacturer
- Nine CBB Retained Value Awards – more than any other auto manufacturer for eighth straight year
- Six ALG Residual Value Awards – more than any other auto manufacturer for third straight year
Toyota Canada Inc. (TCI) has received 15 more residual / retained value awards from two prominent organizations.
For the eighth consecutive year, TCI has been recognized with more Canadian Black Book (CBB) Awards than any other auto manufacturer.
The 2017 total of nine awards includes the newly introduced award for Top Overall Brand in the truck & SUV category. Since 2010, Toyota has claimed 49 CBB awards, while the closest competitor has only won 12.
In addition, ALG has announced that, for 2017, Toyota vehicles have won six Residual Value Awards, more than any other auto manufacturer for the third straight year.
“At the heart of the great product we deliver to Canadians is our commitment to adding value to the overall ownership experience,” said Larry Hutchinson, President and CEO of TCI. “These awards are deeply meaningful because they speak to the long-term benefits our customers enjoy across our broad line-up of vehicles, including exceptional quality, great fuel economy and lower cost of ownership.”
The following Toyota vehicles – spanning a variety of vehicle sizes and styles – were CBB and ALG winners this year:
· Toyota – Top Overall Brand, trucks and SUVs (CBB)
· Toyota Tundra – full-size pick-up: CBB and ALG (eighth consecutive year for each award)
· Toyota Tacoma – CBB small pick-up (eighth consecutive year) and ALG mid-size pick-up (seventh consecutive year)
· Toyota Sequoia – full-size SUV: CBB (eighth consecutive year) and ALG (fifth consecutive year)
· Toyota FJ Cruiser – mid-size SUV: CBB (seventh consecutive year)
· Toyota 4Runner – off-road utility: ALG (third consecutive year)
· Toyota Highlander – mid-size utility, third-row seating: ALG
· Toyota Camry – mid-size car: CBB (second consecutive year)
· Toyota Prius v – alternative fuel: ALG (second consecutive year)
· Toyota Prius c – sub-compact car: CBB
· Toyota Avalon – full-size car: CBB
· Toyota Sienna – minivan: CBB (co-winner)
For this year’s CBB awards, 2013 model year cars and trucks were analyzed to determine which vehicles retained the highest percentage of their original MSRP after four years.
For ALG’s residual value awards, recognition was given to vehicles from the 2017 model year that are forecast to retain the highest percentage of MSRP over the next three years.