Q&A with Jake Gardiner | Toronto Maple LeafsApr 25th, 2014
Allison Pigden | April 25, 2014
1. What iconic automotive brand do you find the most inspiring?
I have always loved German engineering. This is why I am mostly inspired by Porsche.
2. What would be your dream car?
My dream car is a fully equipped and nicely tuned Porsche Cayenne. I think adding a nice set of rims and tires and window tint is all I would need!
3. What car are you currently driving?
I currently drive a Volkswagen Touareg TDI R-Line from Pfaff Volkswagen.
4. What are the top three ‘accessories’ that you would get for your car (ie. Pfaff Tuning work)
The top three accessories that are a must-have include a rear view camera, heated and cooled seats, and heated steering wheel.
5. If you could be a Formula 1 driver who would it be?
6. What is the most memorable moment of your career so far?
Playoffs last season and scoring the first playoff goal in 9-seasons.
7. What is your favorite place to vacation?
8. What does a daily work out regime look like?
Wake up and go workout at the gym for a few hours. After that, I either go golfing, play tennis, go to the lake, or relax.
9. What are three things you would take with you on a deserted island?
Lighter, machete and a helicopter.
10. What is your current favorite restaurant?
Chipotle Mexican Grill.
11. What are some of your wardrobe staples?
Jeans and a button down.
12. What is one item that you could not live without?
13. What would be your summer anthem?
‘Sunny and 75’ – Joe Nihcols
14. What would be your preferred Pfaff rental car for a track day?
Porsche Panamera Turbo at one of the Pfaff Track Days.
15. What is your best Pfaff experience?
From the first day I picked up the Volkswagen Touareg, I have developed a great relationship with Matt Arruda and everyone at Pfaff. They are very easy to work with, have excellent product knowledge, and are all-round great people.